Tuesday, September 25, 2012

50 Shades of Grey Bachelorette Party!

*Hey Viewers! I've been getting thousands of views for this post, do me a favor and leave a comment about your fave idea that I've shared :) And don't forget to follow my blog and repin on Pinterest! Thanks!!

So my older cousin is getting married in a couple weeks. Being that I'm the matron of honor, it is my duty to host the bachelorette party. Darn! She is a fan of 50 Shades of Grey so I thought it would be a perfect theme for her bachelorette party!! Genius, I know. I had a bunch of great ideas and was SUPER excited to put it all together and of course, share it on my blog.

I decided that balloons are for birthday parties and baby showers so I decided to make pom poms. I will admit, I got a little obsessed...

8 sheets of gift wrap paper 20X30
gift wrap ribbon
scissors
I went to the Dollar Tree to get my items. They came with 10 per package so I was able to make a bunch. Put 8 pieces on top of each other then fold about 1 1/2 inch accordion folds. Tie (double knot) the end of the ribbon around the middle and round the edges with the scissors. If you want you can make them pointy. I did both.  Then one at at time, pull the layers apart and you get this...
You can trim the ribbon or let it hang like I did. I thought it added a little more. If you're feeling really crafty you can do a two tone pom. I did a black and red one so I got 4 red and 4 black and stacked them  red, black, red, black and so on.


So in the book, Ana talks about the "Silver Balls" AKA Ben Wa Balls. I thought it would be funny to make silver ball cake pops!
My mother-in-law came over to help. She is a cake pop queen and so I really needed her help. Yes, I know, making silver ball cake pops with your MIL is a little weird but we thought it was funny.
Something weird happened with the first batch of white cake melts so it was a good thing we had some silver color mist by Wilton. You can find it in your baking aisle in Michaels.


Another cute idea that I did can also be done at any party. I found leopard and zebra print duct tape at the dollar tree and wrapped them around water bottles for some diva-ish-ness. I only made a few because who really drinks water at a bachelorette party anyway??


You can't do a 50 Shades of Grey party without any gray ties! I borrowed some from friends and bought some from the Goodwill. Perfect because I saved my receipt and was able to return them after.
So I used the ties as decoration as well and you will see in the pics later...

Then I asked my MIL to make me a banner with her cricket and I tied the letters together with black and red ribbon...
I had a hard time keeping the theme a surprise from the bachelorette so the banner was the only picture I would share with her as I was putting it all together. 

I had other cute ideas that I didn't get a pic of or I had to be creative with...

Licorice zip tied to tags that read,

Red room of pain
Later's, baby
My inner Goddess
Fuck the paperwork
What is it about elevators?
Vanilla

I had more sayings but you get the idea and probably have your favorite quotes from the book. Another idea I had was to tie a Charlie Tango helicopter balloon outside so people would know where the party was. I didn't find one in time so I bought a regular mylar balloon and taped a helicopter to it. It was funny watching the bachelorette try and guess why there was a helicopter flying around out front. 
So here we go, pics of the party...


As you walk up to my front door you see a sign that reads, "We Aim to Please" along with some ties that I used instead of my welcome flag. 
I placed a basket at the door where everyone could place their wrapped gift for the bride to be...naught, of course.


Party poms and a little bit of silver ribbon.


I borrowed a pair of ripped jeans for part of my table decor. I tied the ties to the bar that goes across my kitchen windows. Ties look better than curtains.


I decorated this table with a red table cloth and some silver shreds. A friend of mine made these awesome cookies too. I found the black frame in the dollar section of Michaels and used the same letters that I used for the door sign, for the bride to be's last initial in the frame. 
Silver balls served with scoops of Vanilla ice cream.
 Black table cloth with more silver shreds.

 I made these two corset wine bottle covers with 29 cent paper from Michaels. Measure, cut and hole punch. The ribbon I used was also the ribbon from the banner.

Charlie Tango

 50 Shades of Grey


50 Shades Darker

I had a picture of 50 Shades Freed with handcuffs but can't find it. Booo! 

And of course I served "Sub" sandwiches...

For the grand finale I wanted to find a man to dress up in ripped jeans just like Christian and serve my cousin drinks for a couple hours. When I get an idea in my head there's no turning back. I want what I want and that's it. Plus it's a perfect bonus to the party. How hilarious would it be if you showed up to a 50 Shades of Grey themed bachelorette party and there was a man walking around in ripped jeans serving drinks?! I would die! 
Strippers are expensive (yes, I looked) and gross. I couldn't find anyone so my awesome husband and his friend did it. Way to take one for the team! I raffled off his friend so a lucky winner won a server for a couple hours. It was hilarious and everyone had a great time. And NO I am now posting the pics of my husband, he would kill me!! Just believe me, it was funny and I owe him big time! 
So off we went to the bars sporting our ties around our necks. That's all I have so I'm going to end it with a pic of us :)

Left to right, Brides future sister-in-law, my sister-in-law, my cousin, me, brides stepsister and last but not least, the bride-to-be!







1 comment:

Deb Thaxton said...

-->That is hilarious! I love how much thought you put into the theme.